Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Dishonour & Disaster

 “And Pharaoh said unto him, Get thee from me, take heed to thyself, see my face no more; for in that day thou seest my face thou shalt die. And Moses said, Thou hast spoken well, I will see thy face again no more.”

‭‭Exodus‬ ‭10‬:‭28‬-‭29‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Get out of here!” Pharaoh shouted at Moses. “I’m warning you. Never come back to see me again! The day you see my face, you will die!” “Very well,” Moses replied. “I will never see your face again.”  When you dishonour men of God, they may be prophets, pastors, teachers, evangelists, apostles, whether by your words, actions, attitudes, behaviour or legal positioning, you may be sure that God will fight for His people and you will come to disaster.  This is what happened to the Pharaoh.  That is why Paul wrote for us in the new covenant “Dear brothers and sisters, honor those who are your leaders in the Lord’s work. They work hard among you and give you spiritual guidance. Show them great respect and wholehearted love because of their work. And live peacefully with each other.”  This is so because the Church (regardless of denomination) belongs to God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ, Who gives us grace and peace.  Let’s strive for peace and honour with God’s people rather than learn through disasters.  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment