Friday, May 28, 2021

God’s Glory is His Goodness

 “And he said, I beseech thee, shew me thy glory. And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy.”

‭‭Exodus‬ ‭33:18-19‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Moses asked the Lord to show him God’s glorious Presence.  The Lord replied, “I will make all My goodness pass before you, and I will call out My name, Yahweh, before you. For I will show mercy to anyone I choose, and I will show compassion to anyone I choose.  God’s glory is His goodness.  The heavens declare th glory of God and His glory covers the earth.  All humanity from the beginning never had to buy the air we breathe, nor the sunshine that we get freely!  It is God’s goodness!  God’s goodness today is seen at the Cross of the Lord Jesus Christ where He freely gave us the forgiveness of sins, cancelling the iniquity against us that stopped us from coming to Him.  He chose us to give us this free gift of righteousness, showering His goodness on us.  Through faith in Christ’s Cross on our personal behalf, we receive the goodness of God which is His glorious Presence.  Glory to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment