Sunday, February 6, 2022

Jesus Bore the Blame for Us

 “And Judah said unto Israel his father, Send the lad with me, and we will arise and go; that we may live, and not die, both we, and thou, and also our little ones. I will be surety for him; of my hand shalt thou require him: if I bring him not unto thee, and set him before thee, then let me bear the blame for ever:”

‭‭Genesis‬ ‭43:8-9‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Then Judah spoke up on behalf of Benjamin and said to Israel, “Father, I promise to guarantee his safety with my life.  You can hold me personally responsible if I don’t return with him.  I’ll bear the blame before you for the rest of my life if I fail to bring him safely back to you!  You have my promise.  Entrust him to my care, and let us be on our way, so that we all don’t die of starvation - we will live and not die..”  This is an amazing statement of sacrificial love from Judah.  One day the Son of Judah would come, the Lion from the tribe of Judah, Jesus, Who would offer His Life as ransom for many.  Judah had experienced the loss of his two children so now he could understand his father’s situation.  Let’s be sacrificial in showing love to others as we choose to follow Jesus as sons of God.  We love because Jesus loved us first.  When the Church matures into the full measure of sonship, we will see Jesus Whom our soul loves.  Thank You Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment