Tuesday, September 6, 2022

Trust Yahweh’s Word

 “then it shall be, that whatsoever cometh forth of the doors of my house to meet me, when I return in peace from the children of Ammon, shall surely be the LORD's, and I will offer it up for a burnt offering.”

‭‭Judges‬ ‭11:31‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“I will offer up to You as a burnt offering the first thing that comes out of my house to greet me when I return in victory.  I will sacrifice that one as an offering to you.”  Jephthah was the eighth deliverer to deliver Israel from its enemies.  He had a questionable past but Yahweh includes even a person with a social stigma.  Although Jephthah made a foolish vow thinking that as family and livestock lived together in the custom of that day, that an animal would come forth.  Sadly, it was his only child.  Yahweh had already empowered Jephthah by His Holy Spirit and assured him of the victory.  Let’s trust Yahweh’s Word when He speaks to us as His Word cannot be broken and not trade anything with Him for what can we give Yahweh!  However, Jephthah’s faith was commended in the new covenant in the hall of fame.  And what shall I more say? for the time would fail me to tell of Gedeon, and of Barak, and of Samson, and of Jephthae; of David also, and Samuel, and of the prophets:  Let’s trust Yahweh and His Word.  When we believe, we receive.  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment