Monday, November 7, 2022

A Generational Transfer

 “Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee. And I will make thee exceeding fruitful, and I will make nations of thee, and kings shall come out of thee.”

‭‭Genesis‬ ‭17‬:‭5‬-‭6‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Yahweh said to Abram, “You will no longer be named Abram because I am changing your name to Abraham, for I have made you a father of many nations.  I will make you abundantly fruitful, more than you expect.  I will make nations out of you, and kings will trace their lineage back to you.”  Abram means exalted father and Abraham means father of a multitude.  The Church today does not need exalted fathers, but rather fathers who will multiply themselves to their sons and daughters.  A generational transfer is in the heart of God and is here revealed to Abraham.  Moses, Joshua, David, Solomon, Hezekiah were leaders and kings who came forth from Abraham’s blessed relationship with Yahweh.  He has likewise made you and me, who are in Christ, kings and priests to Him.  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment