Monday, December 11, 2023

God’s Unconditional Commitment to Love His People

 ”Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.“

‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭13‬:‭1‬-‭2‬ ‭KJV‬‬

If I were to speak with eloquence in earth’s many languages, and in the heavenly tongues of angels, yet I didn’t express myself with love, my words would be reduced to the hollow sound of nothing more than a clanging cymbal. And if I were to have the gift of prophecy with a profound understanding of God’s hidden secrets, and if I possessed unending supernatural knowledge, and if I had the greatest gift of faith that could move mountains, but have never learned to love, then I am nothing. This love is the highest form of love, a burning, fiery love, coming from the inner depths of the heart as an eternal energy, an active power of bonding hearts and lives in secure relationships.  This is the endless, loyal, unconditional love that God has for His people, that must be demonstrated with acts of kindness and benevolence.  This love has been poured into our hearts by the Holy Spirit and is greater than faith that removes mountains.  May we release God’s love in us to a loveless world.  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment