Saturday, December 2, 2023

In Christ We Give Our Father Pleasure

 “And Adoni-bezek said, Threescore and ten kings, having their thumbs and their great toes cut off, gathered their meat under my table: as I have done, so God hath requited me. And they brought him to Jerusalem, and there he died.”

‭‭Judges‬ ‭1‬:‭7‬ ‭KJV

Adoni-Bezek confessed, “I once had seventy kings picking up scraps under my table with their thumbs and big toes cut off.  Now God has paid me back for what I did to them!”  They took him captive to Jerusalem, where he died.  Those who live by the sword, die by the sword.  Adoni-Bezek means lord of lightening and is a picture of satan.  Seventy kings were under Adoni-Bezek.  Jesus sent seventy disciples to bring the Kingdom of God to the nations.  Jesus saw satan fall like lightening from heaven and in Jerusalem when Jesus died, that was the ultimate victory over satan who was defeated in Jerusalem and stripped of his ability to conquer us all because of the Cross of Jesus.  For by His sacrifice Christ died to sin’s power once and for all, but He now lives continuously for the Father’s pleasure.  We are in Christ and that’s why we give pleasure to our Father.  Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment