Wednesday, March 13, 2024

The Holy Spirit, Our Helper

 ”And David said in his heart, I shall now perish one day by the hand of Saul: there is nothing better for me than that I should speedily escape into the land of the Philistines; and Saul shall despair of me, to seek me any more in any coast of Israel: so shall I escape out of his hand.“

‭‭1 Samuel‬ ‭27‬:‭1‬ ‭KJV‬‬

When Saul continued to chase David inspite of David reassuring him, David thought to himself, “Sooner or later, Saul’s going to get me. The best thing I can do is escape to Philistine country. Saul will count me a lost cause and quit hunting me down in every nook and cranny of Israel. I’ll be out of his reach for good.”  David felt abandoned by God so he took matters into his own hands to seek refuge from God’s enemies. Thank God that in the new covenant He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my Helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”  This happened because Jesus said, ”And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever— the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you.“  The Holy Spirit, our Helper, came at Pentecost and is forever in us and with us.  So we are never abandoned or bereft but lead a victorious life here on earth in the power of the Holy Spirit, our Helper.  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment