Thursday, March 7, 2024

The Power of the Anointing of the Anointed One

 ”Behold, this day thine eyes have seen how that the LORD had delivered thee to day into mine hand in the cave: and some bade me kill thee: but mine eye spared thee; and I said, I will not put forth mine hand against my Lord; for he is the LORD's anointed.“

‭‭1 Samuel‬ ‭24‬:‭10‬ ‭KJV‬‬

David told king Saul, “This very day with your very own eyes you have seen that just now in the cave God put you in my hands. My men wanted me to kill you, but I wouldn’t do it. I told them that I won’t lift a finger against my master—he’s God’s anointed”.  David understood what king Saul didn’t, that the anointing from God destroys those who come against it.  That is why Jesus Christ, the Messiah, the Anointed One had to come.  Not only did He identify with humanity to remove sin and restore the image and likeness of God in mankind and His righteousness, but He also gave His Body, the Church, the fullness of Him who fills all in all.  The Anointing of the Anointed One has been given to the Church.  Anyone who comes against Christ’s Body, the Church, is either transformed by the power of love, or destroyed into damnation.  Let the Church win souls through the power of love with the anointing given to us by our Lord Jesus Christ.  Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment