Saturday, October 5, 2024

The True Temple of God

 “Then David the king stood up upon his feet, and said, Hear me, my brethren, and my people: As for me, I had in mine heart to build an house of rest for the ark of the covenant of the LORD, and for the footstool of our God, and had made ready for the building:”

‭‭1 Chronicles‬ ‭28‬:‭2‬ ‭KJV‬‬

King David stood tall and spoke: “Listen to me, my people: I fully intended to build a permanent structure for the Ark of the Covenant of God, God’s footstool. I got ready to build it.”  It was David’s great desire but God’s will was for his son Solomon to build it because David was a man of war with blood on his hands.  Eventually God built His Temple by the Blood of His Son, Jesus.  We are rising like the perfectly fitted stones of the Temple; and our lives have been built up together upon the foundation laid by the apostles and prophets, and best of all, we are connected to the Head Cornerstone of the building, the Anointed One, Jesus Christ Himself! This entire building is under construction and is continually growing under His supervision until it rises up completed as the Holy Temple of the Lord Himself. This means that God is transforming each one of us into the Holy of Holies, His dwelling place, through the power of the Holy Spirit living in us!  Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment