“For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High. Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.”
Isaiah 14:13-15 KJV
Isaiah prophesied, “You said in your heart, ‘I will ascend into heaven and exalt my throne above the stars of God. I will rule on the mountain of the congregation, on the highest place of the sacred mountain. I will rise past the tops of the clouds and rival the Most High God!’ Yet down to the underworld you go— into the depths of the pit!” Although this was spoken to the king of Babylon but it is speaking of the fall of Lucifer to becoming satan. This created being was closest to the Presence of God, but his attitude caused his fall. When he spoke in his heart that he will ascend and exalt his throne above the stars of God, that he will rule on the highest place of the sacred mountain, that he will rival the Most High God, he thought God wouldn’t know what was in his heart. He chose his free will to make these decisions and took a third of angels with him when he fell. Jesus said, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven.” In our culture today there are many who imagine themselves to be gods and take worship from fellow humans. The end of such is torment forever and ever, that has not been experienced by any. All those in rebellion against the sovereignty of the True and Living Most High God and who do not have the fear of God in them, will end in this sad way for eternity. Let those who have Jesus Christ as their Lord and the Light of the Glorious Gospel in them preach it fervently in these end times. Amen!
No comments:
Post a Comment