Friday, August 21, 2020

Givers of Good News

“And he prayed unto the Lord, and said, I pray thee, O Lord, was not this my saying, when I was yet in my country? Therefore I fled before unto Tarshish: for I knew that thou art a gracious God, and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness, and repentest thee of the evil.”
‭‭Jonah‬ ‭4:2‬ ‭KJV‬‬
Jonah knew the nature of the God Who called him to prophecy.  He knew that God forgives and has mercy on even the Ninevites who had done terrible things to the children of Israel.  How much more today, when Jesus has been punished on the Cross for all the terrible things mankind has done.  Such love, such mercy, what grace is there in God imputing righteousness to us when we receive forgiveness through Jesus Who became our sin.  The power of love, mercy, and grace is much greater than the power of sin, hate and fear.  This power God has given us freely by His Holy Spirit.  Let’s give the good news of Jesus in our generation like Jonah did in Nineveh and all the Ninevites repented.  Let’s be givers of good news so that people everywhere repent and receive Jesus in their hearts.  Thank You Father!

No comments:

Post a Comment