Thursday, April 22, 2021

Boasting in Christ

 “but let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the LORD which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the LORD.”

‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭9:24‬ ‭KJV‬‬

The people in Jeremiah’s day had grown hard hearted towards God boasting in the wrong things.  The prophet told them that those who wish to boast should boast in this alone - that they truly know me and understand that I am the Lord who demonstrates unfailing love and who brings justice and righteousness to the earth, and that I delight in these things.  God has given us the best of heaven in His Son - Jesus.  Today our boast is in Jesus that we know Him and understand that He is Lord.  It is only through our relationship with Jesus and knowing the depth of the wonder of making us joint heirs along with Him through the Cross that we can boast of Him.  Let’s boast of His lovingkindness, judgment and righteousness towards us through the Cross!  Jesus Christ is LORD!  Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment