Monday, April 5, 2021

Worship the Risen Christ

 “The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.”

‭‭Psalms‬ ‭18:2‬ ‭KJV‬‬

David sang this psalm when God delivered him from all his enemies and king Saul.  In the face of certain failure, David sang that the great God is the bedrock beneath his feet, his faith-fortress, his wonderful deliverer, his God, his rock of rescue where none can reach him. David says that God is the shield around him, the mighty power that saves him, and his high place.  It is amazing how the confidence with which praise and worship comes out of David’s mouth in the face of disaster.  That is because David spoke by the Holy Spirit.  When Jesus rose from the dead, the disciples were still disheartened and finding it hard to believe.  Only when they received the Holy Spirit were they emboldened.  We may have the Word with us but unless we walk in the courage, wisdom and boldness of the Holy Spirit, we will be in hiding.  When the Word is empowered by the Holy Spirit, grace is released to have confidence in Yahweh, Jesus our Rock Who delivers us from all our enemies.  Like David we too can sing and worship in the face of certain defeat, of the hope in the joy of believing the risen Christ.  Let’s be empowered by the Holy Spirit to worship our Yahweh Who is our Deliverer, the risen Christ!  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment