Friday, October 8, 2021

Seamless Union with God

 “Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.”

‭‭John‬ ‭15:4‬ ‭KJV‬‬

If we can receive an understanding of what Jesus said here, it would change our whole outlook and help us see from God’s perspective.  Jesus says that we must remain in life-union with Him, for He remains in life-union with us. For as a branch severed from the vine will not bear fruit, so our life will be fruitless unless we live our life intimately joined to His.  Our seamless union (Jesus in me and I in Jesus) is pictured in the vine: the shoot cannot bear fruit outside of this union.  In its abiding in the vine, fruit happens naturally - as with our abiding in Him.  When we understand this mutual union, we will naturally bear much fruit, which is impossible to happen apart from Jesus.  Let’s repeatedly say to ourselves - “I am in Christ and Christ is in me”, and allow the Holy Spirit to open our understanding of this awesome union.  Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment