Friday, November 12, 2021

Jesus our Sacrifice

 “To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices unto me? saith the LORD: I am full of the burnt offerings of rams, and the fat of fed beasts; and I delight not in the blood of bullocks, or of lambs, or of he goats.”

‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭1:11‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Yahweh keeps saying: Why such countless sacrifices - what use are they to Me?  I’ve had My fill of your burnt offerings of rams and your fattened animals.  I find no delight in the blood of bulls, lambs or goats!  Outward sacrifices are empty if there is no inward reality.  God cannot be bought.  He looks at the heart and requires offerings given in holiness and truth.  The sacrifice of a fattened animal is an outward picture of what God wants to do inside of us.  He wants to kill that ‘fattened’ part of us that is stuffed only with the letter of the Word but not the humility taught by the Word.  It is by Jesus’s One Perfect Sacrifice He made us perfectly holy and complete for all time!  Glory to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment