Monday, November 29, 2021

New Wine

 “And when they wanted wine, the mother of Jesus saith unto him, They have no wine. Jesus saith unto her, Woman, what have I to do with thee? mine hour is not yet come.”

‭‭John‬ ‭2:3-4‬ ‭KJV

At the wedding in Cana Jesus and his disciples were all invited to the banquet, but with so many guests, they ran out of wine. And when Mary realized it, she came to Jesus and asked, “They have no wine; can’t you do something about it?” Jesus replied, “My dear one, don’t you understand that if I do this, it will change nothing for you, but it will change everything for me! My hour of unveiling my power has not yet come.  Religion has run out of wine and Jesus lived aware of His mission which was to redeem and restore the joyous celebration of the union of marrying humanity and Divinity!  While Jesus is the true joy and wine, He fully understood what it would cost Him to drink the cup of mankind’s injustice and violence on the Cross.  When we are reluctant to act on the high calling and election God has purposed for us, let there be Mary sent to remind us, “They have no wine.”  Thank You, Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment