Friday, April 8, 2022

Being Fruitful in Prayer

 “Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.”

‭‭John‬ ‭15:4, 8‬ ‭KJV‬‬

John recalls how Jesus explains that our seamless union of Christ in me and I in Christ, is pictured in the vine: the shoot cannot bear fruit outside of this union.  In its abiding in the vine, fruit happens naturally - as with our abiding in Christ.  These union-inspired desires bear the very fruit that endorses the Father’s glory!  This is where true discipleship is born.  The Father’s glory is realised in the perfect union of the believer’s will with Christ’s.  Let’s have a perfect union relationship with Christ where our will is completely united with His Will and His Word finds voice in us.  Then our conversation is inspired by His words abiding in us and all our prayers will bear fruit!  Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment