Saturday, June 25, 2022

Freedom of Forgiveness

 “The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, Because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; He hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, And recovering of sight to the blind, To set at liberty them that are bruised,”

‭‭Luke‬ ‭4:18‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Luke records that in the synagogue Jesus was handed the scroll of Isaiah which He opened to find the specific place where the following was written, “The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because He has anointed me to announce glad tidings to a starving people; He has commissioned me to announce the freedom of forgiveness to those held captive by their guilt and shame; also, the blind may now look up and be restored in their sight!  I am anointed to send out those who are bruised and traumatised, into the freedom of their redeemed innocence…”. The anointing is the true measure of our lives, not our mental or muscle efforts to produce results.  The Anointed Christ is the Good News in its most complete context.  The Word of God has been spoken and fulfilled.  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment