Friday, November 3, 2023

The Gospel Preached to Everyone

“But I say, Did not Israel know? First Moses saith, I will provoke you to jealousy by them that are no people, And by a foolish nation I will anger you.”

‭‭Romans‬ ‭10‬:‭19‬ ‭KJV‬‬

So again Paul asks, didn’t Israel already understand that God’s message was for others as well as for themselves? Yes, they certainly did understand, for Moses was the first to state it: “I will make you jealous of a people who are ‘nobodies.’ And I will use people with no understanding to provoke you to anger.”  Those who are “nobodies” and the “people with no understanding” both refer to the Gentile believers among the nations that have by faith entered into new life in Jesus.  Paul here confirms that God’s plan from the beginning was to give the message of salvation to all the nations.  Moses said it, “They made Me jealous by what is no god and angered Me with their worthless idols. I will make them envious by those who are not a people; I will make them angry by a nation that has no understanding.”  Isaiah too prophesied it, “I revealed Myself to those who did not ask for Me; I was found by those who did not seek Me.  To a nation that did not call on My Name, I said, ‘Here Am I, here Am I.’”  The Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ must be heard by everyone on earth because it is the power of God to salvation.  Let’s co-labour with the Lord to fulfill it.  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment