Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Christ Has Called Us As Friends

 ”And Jonathan said to David, Go in peace, forasmuch as we have sworn both of us in the name of the LORD, saying, The LORD be between me and thee, and between my seed and thy seed for ever. And he arose and departed: and Jonathan went into the city.“

‭‭1 Samuel‬ ‭20‬:‭42‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Jonathan said, “Go in peace! The two of us have vowed friendship in God’s Name, saying, ‘God will be the bond between me and you, and between my children and your children forever!’”  Both David and Jonathan took the covenant they made between themselves seriously.  Jonathan stood by David against his father.  David, after Jonathan’s death took the covenant to Jonathan’s stricken son Mephibosheth.  This friendship between David and Jonathan was a prophetic picture of Jesus’s friendship with all those who believe and trust in Him.  Jesus takes His new covenant of friendship with us as unbreakable.  ”No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you”.  Jesus is the Mediator of the new covenant, by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions under the first covenant, that those who are called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance.  What a Friend we have in Jesus!  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment