Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Labouring for Christ in Unity

 ”I beseech Euodias, and beseech Syntyche, that they be of the same mind in the Lord. And I intreat thee also, true yokefellow, help those women which laboured with me in the gospel, with Clement also, and with other my fellowlabourers, whose names are in the book of life.“

‭‭Philippians‬ ‭4‬:‭2‬-‭3‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Paul, from prison, is writing to the church in Philippi and down the ages to us, “I plead with Euodia and Syntyche to settle their disagreement and be restored with one mind in our Lord. I would like my dear friend and burden-bearer to help resolve this issue, for both women have diligently labored with me for the prize and helped in spreading the revelation of the gospel, along with Clement and the rest of my coworkers. All of their names are written in the Book of Life.”  In every church there is often found conflict in relationships.  Paul here is encouraging these two dear women to resolve all their disagreements.  Along our journey we may collide with another, but God always has grace for restoration.  Clement and other leaders in the church at Philippi had helped Paul in preaching the Gospel and bringing God’s Kingdom realm to come in that place.  God is urging us in these last days to be Gospel bearers bringing God’s Kingdom realm in our areas, to rise above conflicts in relationships, to fulfill God’s purpose and destiny for our lives.  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment