Tuesday, August 27, 2024

No Stopping the Church Increasing

 “And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.”

‭‭Matthew‬ ‭16‬:‭18‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Jesus said, “I give you the name Peter, a stone. And this rock will be the bedrock foundation on which I will build My Church—My legislative assembly, and the power of death will not be able to overpower it!”  It was Peter’s revelation from the Father and his confession of Jesus as the Son of God that becomes the bedrock foundation for the Church, the Rock is Jesus Christ.  The church is “ekklesia” and means legislative assembly or selected ones.  It’s not a religious but a political and governmental term of a group of people who are to govern the affairs of a city.  For Jesus to use this term means He gives the keys of governmental authority in His Kingdom to the Church.  The gates of hell is the power of death.  All the forces of hell will never have the power to win a victory over it.  There is no power of darkness that can stop the advancing Church that Jesus builds.  Let’s believe that God the Holy Spirit is still speaking to the Church to bring souls in!  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment