Friday, September 13, 2024

The Lord Jesus Rules His Kingdom Forever

 “And it shall come to pass, when thy days be expired that thou must go to be with thy fathers, that I will raise up thy seed after thee, which shall be of thy sons; and I will establish his kingdom. He shall build me an house, and I will stablish his throne for ever.”

‭‭1 Chronicles‬ ‭17‬:‭11‬-‭12‬ ‭KJV‬‬

God told prophet Nathan to speak His Word to David, “And now I’m telling you this: God Himself will build you a house! When your life is complete and you’re buried with your ancestors, then I’ll raise up your child to succeed you, a child from your own body, and I’ll firmly establish his rule. He will build a house to honor me, and I will guarantee his kingdom’s rule forever.”  Although the prophet spoke about Solomon who would succeed David but actually it is the prophecy of the Messiah Jesus Christ, Who as the Son of Man was a descendant of king David and Whose Throne is established in the heart of all believers who are in the Kingdom of God.  The  psalmist said, “Your throne, O God, is forever and ever.”  Many believe that there is no forever after death on planet earth, there is no reckoning, that’s it, finito, kaput! Only through repentance do we come into God’s Kingdom for the Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment