Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Christ our Defender & Champion

 “My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him. He only is my rock and my salvation: he is my defence; I shall not be moved.”

‭‭Psalms‬ ‭62:5-6‬ ‭KJV‬‬

David, in the midst of troubles is able to declare with confidence that God alone is his safe place and God’s Presence always protects David  as his Champion Defender. There’s no risk of failure with God!  David reasons as to why he would let worry paralyze him, even when troubles multiply around him.  The discipline of worshipping God in times of trouble gave David the sobriquet of ‘the man after God’s heart’!  Through Jesus taking all our griefs, sorrows, transgressions, iniquities, worries, troubles, sicknesses on the Cross, let our expectation only be from Him.  We tend to stress by trying to depend on our own resources and even our prayers but thank God that our earnest expectation and hope may always be in Christ and that in nothing shall we be ashamed.  Let’s be bold to worship the Lord Jesus for He alone is worthy!  Christ alone is our Champion and Defender!  Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment