Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Enemies His Footstool

 “The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.”

‭‭Psalm‬ ‭110:1‬ ‭KJV‬‬

David’s psalm says that Yahweh said to my Lord, the Messiah: “Sit with Me as enthroned ruler while I subdue Your every enemy. They will bow low before You as I make them a footstool for Your feet.”  This was fulfilled by Jesus for He must reign, till He has put all enemies under His feet.  Jesus’s dominion is destined to subdue all hostility and contradiction under His feet.  That is what the Cross of Calvary did, by blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that were against us, which were contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to His Cross; and having spoiled principalities and powers, He made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.  Worthy is the Lamb of God!

No comments:

Post a Comment