Saturday, September 11, 2021

Joined One Spirit with the Lord

 “And it shall come to pass, as soon as I am gone from thee, that the Spirit of the LORD shall carry thee whither I know not; and so when I come and tell Ahab, and he cannot find thee, he shall slay me: but I thy servant fear the LORD from my youth.”

‭‭1 Kings‬ ‭18:12‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Elijah was asked by God to show himself to king Ahab and met with Obadiah the king’s servant.  When Elijah told Obadiah to convey to Ahab that he would meet the king, Obadiah said, “And as soon as I leave you, the Spirit of the Lord will carry you to a place I do not know; so when I come to tell Ahab and he does not find you, he will kill me. Yet your servant has reverently feared the Lord from my youth”.   At Pentecost, the same Holy Spirit came upon Jesus’s disciples and continues to empower those who have been baptised with the Holy Spirit and with fire by the Lord Jesus.  We are joined one spirit with the Lord and in Him we live and move and have our being.  This is made possible only by the Blood sacrifice of Jesus at the Cross.  Let’s be empowered by the Spirit of the Lord to witness boldly and courageously of our risen and resurrected Lord Jesus so that the Kingdom of God increases more and more.  Even when persecution confines us, let’s believe that the Spirit of the Lord will take us to unknown places to preach the glorious Gospel of the Lord Jesus.  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment