Tuesday, October 25, 2022

A Bold Declaration of Joy

 “For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand.”

‭‭2 Timothy‬ ‭4‬:‭6‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Paul says, “So here I am, my life is poured out as a wine offering on the altar of ministry; I am ready to go!”  Paul is imprisoned before he is martyred.  He was in prison even when he wrote to the church in Philippians when he said, “I want you to see my ministry to you as wine poured out upon the altar of your faith.  I rejoice in the thought that we drink from the same Source and therefore celebrate a mutual joy!  Whatever you may suffer only concludes in joy!”  Joy is a bold declaration, in the face of severe danger and suffering - that contradiction does not define us or have the final say in our lives.  We know that whether we live or die, our message is unstoppable and that it is conquering the world!  Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment