Sunday, December 11, 2022

Better Covenant

 “And Jacob said to Simeon and Levi, Ye have troubled me to make me to stink among the inhabitants of the land, among the Canaanites and the Perizzites: and I being few in number, they shall gather themselves together against me, and slay me; and I shall be destroyed, I and my house. And they said, Should he deal with our sister as with an harlot?”

‭‭Genesis‬ ‭34‬:‭30‬-‭31‬ ‭KJV‬‬

When Jacob found out, he said to Simeon and Levi, “What have you done?  You have ruined my name, and made me stink, and now the Canaanites and Perizzites and all the people of this land will hate me!  My men are so few that if they unite against me and attack, I and all my household will be destroyed!”  But they answered him, “Why should they treat our sister like a whore?”  Abraham’s children were not perfect and faced moral failures and ethical dilemmas.  Today, because of the Blood Sacrifice of Jesus, we have God the Holy Spirit in us, we have the Word of God, and the Lord Jesus Christ has obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also He is the Mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.  Thank You for the leading of the Holy Spirit to make the right choices in life because of the better covenant.  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment