Saturday, December 31, 2022

Our Substitute

 “Now therefore, I pray thee, let thy servant abide instead of the lad a bondman to my Lord; and let the lad go up with his brethren. For how shall I go up to my father, and the lad be not with me? lest peradventure I see the evil that shall come on my father.”

‭‭Genesis‬ ‭44‬:‭33‬-‭34‬ ‭KJV‬‬

So, please let me take the place of the boy, and I will remain here as a slave to you, my lord.  Please let the boy go back with his brothers.  How could I return to my father without the boy?  I don’t want to witness the woe and grief that would overtake my father.  Judah spoke for his brothers and did not justify himself or pass the blame to Benjamin.  Judah had changed greatly from being the chief conspirator to sell his brother into slavery.  Now he offers himself to be a slave and substitute for Benjamin.  The Lion of the tribe of Judah came as a substitute and He is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.  As the psalmist said, “They that hate me without a cause are more than the hairs of mine head: They that would destroy me, being mine enemies wrongfully, are mighty: Then I restored that which I took not away.”  Jesus Christ became Man to restore that which He took not away - righteousness in Christ - our right standing before God.  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment