Friday, December 9, 2022

How Sweet is Forgiveness

 “And Jacob said, Nay, I pray thee, if now I have found grace in thy sight, then receive my present at my hand: for therefore I have seen thy face, as though I had seen the face of God, and thou wast pleased with me. Take, I pray thee, my blessing that is brought to thee; because God hath dealt graciously with me, and because I have enough. And he urged him, and he took it.”

‭‭Genesis‬ ‭33‬:‭10‬-‭11‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Jacob replied, “No, please.  If I have found favour in your eyes, please take the gifts.  For truly, seeing your face after all these years, it’s like looking upon the face of God!  Since you have received me so warmly, please accept the blessing I have brought to you, for God has poured His grace over me, and I have everything I want!”  So Jacob urged him, and Esau accepted the gifts.  Jacob sees again that same glorious face of God when he wrestled with Him, through the mending of his relationship with his brother.  How sweet is forgiveness, how pleasant to the soul when we are made one again with those we love!  It is like gazing on the face of God.  We see God clearly as we touch mercy and forgiveness.  Jacob also offered to share the blessing he took away from Esau many years earlier.  In this season of peace and goodwill, there may be someone that needs to see the face of God in our countenance, let’s show them!  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment