Monday, December 19, 2022

Put On the Lord Jesus Christ

 “And Judah acknowledged them, and said, She hath been more righteous than I; because that I gave her not to Shelah my son. And he knew her again no more.”

‭‭Genesis‬ ‭38‬:‭26‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Judah recognised them as his and said, “She is more righteous than I, for I never gave my son Shelah to marry her.”  And he let her go free and never slept with her again.  Judah did not have sex with Tamar again. The following story is that of the lust that Potiphar’s wife had for young Joseph.  These are accounts of lust and the evil it spawns.  Why did God include these stories in His inspired Word?  One reason is that these stories show the contrast between Judah’s unwise choices and immorality with Joseph’s righteous character.  It is good to walk in the Spirit, and not fulfil the lust of the flesh.  Because of the finished work of the Cross we now put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to fulfill its lusts.  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment