Sunday, January 8, 2023

Generational Blessing

 “the Angel which redeemed me from all evil, bless the lads; and let my name be named on them, and the name of my fathers Abraham and Isaac; and let them grow into a multitude in the midst of the earth.”

‭‭Genesis‬ ‭48‬:‭16‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Jacob blessed Joseph’s sons, “the Angel Who has delivered me from all harm, May He bless these boys!  May their lives echo my name, and the names of my fathers Abraham and Isaac.  May they multiply into teeming multitudes throughout the earth!”  The Lord had visited Jacob as an Angel, the Midnight Wrestling Man, his true Friend.  At the end of Jacob’s life, he could say that his Shepherd-Friend had delivered him from all harm.  Instead of moaning and complaining about his hardships, this servant of God declared the mercy that had preserved him.  Christ, the Angel of the Covenant, has redeemed us from all evil through the power of His shed Blood, at the Cross! Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment