Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Christ Lifted Up on the Ctoss

 “Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out. And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.”

‭‭John‬ ‭12‬:‭31‬-‭32‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Jesus answered, “From this moment on, everything in this world is about to change, for the ruler of this dark world will be overthrown. And I will do this when I am lifted up off the ground and when I draw the hearts of people to gather them to Me.”  From the moment of Jesus’s crucifixion, the time of judging the world system has come.  The judging of the world is the overthrow of the kingdom of darkness.  The preaching of the Gospel of Jesus Christ is passing a sentence of judgment on this fallen world and declaring treason in the kingdom of darkness.  The ruler of darkness is an obvious reference to Satan who through the Cross has been driven into exile.  When Jesus said about being “lifted up”, He was saying, “lifted up in crucifixion”.    When He said, “I will draw all men unto Me”, He was saying that He will bundle everyone/everything next to Himself.  Jesus drew all our judgment to Himself, when He died for our sins.  The Judge became the payment for the guilty.  Everything changes because of the Cross - the hinge of history.  Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment