Saturday, October 28, 2023

God’s Righteousness in Me

 “For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.”

‭‭Romans‬ ‭7‬:‭15‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Paul, explaining about his old man transformation into the new man, says, “I’m a mystery to myself, for I want to do what is right, but end up doing what my moral instincts condemn.”  As the old man, he identified with the people of Israel under the law, prior to receiving Christ.  This is not the present experience of those who are delivered, but describes the condition of the undelivered person.  No human can bring about this deliverance, which is why Paul says “O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?”  Then he answers it himself, “I give all my thanks to God, for his mighty power has finally provided a way out through our Lord Jesus, the Anointed One! So if left to myself, the flesh is aligned with the law of sin, but now my renewed mind is fixed on and submitted to God’s righteous principles.”  Let’s thank God that we have the privilege to bury our old man, instead of dragging it around, and now live a condemnation-free life of the new man.  Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment