Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Judgment - Our Personal Choice of Confronting Christ’s Cross

 “And she said to the king, It was a true report that I heard in mine own land of thy acts and of thy wisdom. Howbeit I believed not the words, until I came, and mine eyes had seen it: and, behold, the half was not told me: thy wisdom and prosperity exceedeth the fame which I heard.”

‭‭1 Kings‬ ‭10‬:‭6‬-‭7‬ ‭KJV‬‬

The queen of Sheba said to King Solomon, “It’s all true..I wouldn’t have believed it if I hadn’t seen it for myself…Such wisdom and elegance—far more than I could ever have imagined..”. She was quite undone by the wisdom and prosperity of king Solomon and knew that the God of heaven had blessed the king over and above all  of what was told to her.  When Jesus talked to the crowds, they saw power go out of Him to heal and restore, they blessed Him.  But the Jewish scholars and Pharisees asked Jesus for a miraculous sign.  Amazed by their unbelief Jesus said, “The queen of the South will rise up in the judgment with the men of this generation and condemn them, for she came from the ends of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and indeed a greater than Solomon is here.”  When we are confronted by the finished work of the Cross on a personal level, we either accept that in Christ we have redemption through His Blood, even the forgiveness of sins; or we harden our heart through unbelief and reject this grace gift extended to humanity.  The choice is ours. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment