“For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: so shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.”
Isaiah 55:10-11 KJV
Isaiah prophesied, “As the snow and rain that fall from heaven do not return until they have accomplished their purpose, soaking the earth and causing it to sprout with new life, providing seed to sow and bread to eat. So also will be the word that I speak; it does not return to Me unfulfilled. My Word performs My purpose and fulfills the mission I sent it out to accomplish.” Snow is a picture of mercy blanketing the earth and rain is a symbol of revelation-teaching that soaks the heart, which is the soil, and makes us fruitful. Snow, rain, water, seed, bread - all describe the Lord Jesus. He is the Seed of the woman; He is the Living Bread that came down from heaven; He is the Word that was the Sent One, the Apostle of our faith. He will accomplish all God’s pleasure. God’s Word is His promise to show love, compassion and forgiveness to all who turn to Him. It is God’s Word that makes our way prosperous. God’s Word is powerful. Let’s believe it. Amen!
No comments:
Post a Comment