Saturday, April 15, 2023

Jesus’s Presence with us Today

 “But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.”

‭‭Matthew‬ ‭26‬:‭29‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Jesus told His disciples, “The next time we drink this, I will be with you and we will drink it together with a new understanding in the kingdom realm of my Father.”  We who follow Christ today, are now in the realm of the Kingdom of God.  The Holy Spirit brings us into the Body of Christ and into the reality of the Kingdom of God.  It is growing and increasing in scope, and every time believers drink of the cup of communion, Jesus is present with us.  It is the Lord’s Table, not ours.  This was a prophecy of what would happen in just a matter of days from then, as believers would break bread together in remembrance of what Jesus did for them.  Jesus now drinks it with us in a new way, and not just once a year at Passover, but every time we worship Him by taking communion.  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment