Sunday, March 26, 2023

Christ Our Rock

 “And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.”

‭‭Matthew‬ ‭16‬:‭18‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Jesus said, “I give you the name Peter, a stone. And this rock will be the bedrock foundation on which I will build My church—My legislative assembly, and the power of death will not be able to overpower it!”  It is Peter’s revelation from God as he acknowledges Jesus as the Messiah and the Son of the living God, that confession of faith in this unshakable truth, that is the Rock on which He builds His Church, the foundation for the Church.  This Rock is the Lord Jesus Christ.  Ekklesia is the classical Greek for church and is really a group of people who have been summoned and gathered together to govern.  For Jesus to use this term means He is giving the keys of governmental authority in His Kingdom to the Church for His Kingdom to come on earth and His will to be done as it is in heaven.  No power of the enemy has stopped Church down the ages and it continues to increase.  Thank You Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment