Sunday, January 21, 2024

When Down & Out, Cry Out to Jesus

 ”And she was in bitterness of soul, and prayed unto the LORD, and wept sore. And she vowed a vow, and said, O LORD of hosts, if thou wilt indeed look on the affliction of thine handmaid, and remember me, and not forget thine handmaid, but wilt give unto thine handmaid a man child, then I will give him unto the LORD all the days of his life, and there shall no razor come upon his head.“

‭‭1 Samuel‬ ‭1‬:‭10‬-‭11‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Crushed in soul, Hannah prayed to God and cried and cried—inconsolably. Then she made a vow: “Oh, God-of-the-Angel-Armies, If You’ll take a good, hard look at my pain, If You’ll quit neglecting me and go into action for me by giving me a son, I’ll give him completely, unreservedly to You. I’ll set him apart for a life of holy discipline.”  Hannah cried for grace in her situation from Yahweh.  She didn’t know that God had already chosen her to birth the last judge and first prophet for the Israelites.  It was a time of transition for the Israelites for them to enter into monarchy.  Hannah cried out in desperation to Yahweh and He heard her.  When we humble ourselves before Yahweh to seek His mercy, the gift of grace comes to us through Christ to receive His promises.  The promise depends on faith so that it can be experienced as a grace-gift, and extends to all through Christ as all God’s promises are “yes” and “amen” in Him.  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment