Saturday, June 29, 2024

God’s Care & Protection on Orphans & Widows

 “Now there cried a certain woman of the wives of the sons of the prophets unto Elisha, saying, Thy servant my husband is dead; and thou knowest that thy servant did fear the LORD: and the creditor is come to take unto him my two sons to be bondmen. And Elisha said unto her, What shall I do for thee? tell me, what hast thou in the house? And she said, Thine handmaid hath not any thing in the house, save a pot of oil.”

‭‭2 Kings‬ ‭4‬:‭1‬-‭2‬ ‭KJV‬‬

The wife of a man from the guild of prophets called out to Elisha, “Your servant my husband is dead. You well know what a good man he was, devoted to God. And now the man to whom he was in debt is on his way to collect by taking my two children as slaves.” Elisha said, “..Tell me, what do you have in your house?” “Nothing,” she said. “Well, I do have a little oil.”  The widow knew to come to the prophet Elisha for help.  The children of Israel knew that He is a father of the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in His holy habitation. The Lord relieves the fatherless and widow; But the way of the wicked He turns upside down. This widow and her fatherless sons came out of bondage with God’s grace and power.  That is the heart of our Father in heaven Whom the Lord Jesus revealed, and for us to show this love in the Body of Christ by the pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father: by visiting orphans and widows in their trouble.  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment