Tuesday, June 25, 2024

Limitless New Covenant Christ Anointing

 “And it came to pass, when they were gone over, that Elijah said unto Elisha, Ask what I shall do for thee, before I be taken away from thee. And Elisha said, I pray thee, let a double portion of thy spirit be upon me. And he said, Thou hast asked a hard thing: nevertheless, if thou see me when I am taken from thee, it shall be so unto thee; but if not, it shall not be so…and he took the mantle of Elijah that fell from him, and smote the waters, and said, Where is the LORD God of Elijah? and when he also had smitten the waters, they parted hither and thither: and Elisha went over.”

‭‭2 Kings‬ ‭2‬:‭9‬-‭10‬, ‭14‬ ‭KJV‬‬

When they reached the other side, Elijah said to Elisha, “What can I do for you before I’m taken from you? Ask anything.” Elisha said, “Your life repeated in my life. I want to be a holy man just like you.” “That’s a hard one!” said Elijah…Then Elisha picked up Elijah’s cloak that had fallen from him, returned to the shore of the Jordan, and stood there. He took Elijah’s cloak and hit the river with it, saying, “Now where is the God of Elijah?” When he struck the water, the river divided and Elisha walked through.  How powerful was the anointing even in the double portion from Elijah to Elisha to fulfill God’s purpose in the old covenant.  In the new covenant, the Christ anointing is limitless through faith.  This Christ anointing, embedded deeply within us, teaches us the truth on everything we need to know.   Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment