“Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles. He shall not cry, nor lift up, nor cause his voice to be heard in the street. A bruised reed shall he not break, and the smoking flax shall he not quench: he shall bring forth judgment unto truth.”
Isaiah 42:1-3 KJV
Isaiah prophesied of the Messiah, “Take a good look at My Servant! I love Him dearly, for He is My Chosen One. I have taken hold of Him in My strength, and I have clothed Him with My Spirit. He will cause justice to spring up for the nations. He will be gentle and will not quarrel with others in public. He will not exalt His own Voice. He would never crush a broken heart nor disregard the weak and vulnerable. He will make sure justice comes to those who are wronged.” Isaiah introduces the Lord Jesus as the Chosen Servant of God, sustained by Yahweh, sent on a divine mission to bring light and freedom to the hearts of His covenant people. Jesus is God’s Faithful and Chosen Servant Who brings salvation to the nations and restores Israel; Whom God upholds by His strength and on Whom He has placed His Spirit. God’s delight is in Him. God said that of Jesus, “This is My Son—the Beloved! My greatest delight is in Him.” Let’s delight in our Messiah. Amen!
No comments:
Post a Comment