“Listen, O isles, unto me; and hearken, ye people, from far; The LORD hath called me from the womb; from the bowels of my mother hath he made mention of my name. And he hath made my mouth like a sharp sword; in the shadow of his hand hath he hid me, and made me a polished shaft; in his quiver hath he hid me; and said unto me, Thou art my servant, O Israel, in whom I will be glorified. And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.”
Isaiah 49:1-3, 6 KJV
Isaiah prophesied, “Listen to what I have to say, you islands. Pay attention to Me, you who live in distant lands. YAHWEH called Me as His Own before I was born and named Me while I was still in My mother’s womb. He gives Me words that pierce and penetrate. He hid Me and protected Me in the shadow of His Hand. He prepared Me like a polished arrow and concealed Me in His quiver. And He said to Me, “Israel, You are My special Servant; in You I will be glorified.” who says: “Is it too small a thing for You, My servant, to restore greatness to Jacob’s tribes and the survivors of Israel? I will make You to be a Light to the nations and to bring the Light of My salvation to the ends of the earth!” Although Israel is named, the fulfilment is Jesus Christ, the true Servant of the Lord, called and named from the womb, equipped and prepared, appointed and commissioned as God’s Servant. He is highly favoured in the sight of God, finding His strength in His Father and doing only what pleased Him. He still is the Light and Salvation to the gentiles. Amen!
No comments:
Post a Comment