Sunday, May 15, 2022

God’s Favourite Child

 “Yet now hear, O Jacob my servant; and Israel, whom I have chosen: thus saith the LORD that made thee, and formed thee from the womb, which will help thee; Fear not, O Jacob, my servant; and thou, Jesurun, whom I have chosen.”

‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭44:1-2‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Isaiah’s revelation of Yahweh, the Only True God.  “Now, listen to me, my servant Jacob, Israel, my chosen one.  I am Yahweh, your Creator, Who shaped you in My womb.  Hear what I have to say to you: Don’t fear.  I will help you, O Jacob my servant, Do not fear, my pleasing one, Israel…”. There is no verse in the Bible that speaks of God as our mother, but there are frequent metaphors that imply God gave us birth (and new birth), nurtured us in His love, and even formed us in His womb.  The love God has for us is similar to a mother’s love.  God will straighten out the crookedness of Jacob.  Jeshurun is the unique, intimate relationship Israel has with God.  Let’s believe that in our born again birth we are in Christ and in our intimate relationship with Him we are God’s favourite child!  Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment