Monday, May 16, 2022

Love is Leading like the Shepherd

 “Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.”

‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭13:1‬ ‭KJV‬‬

A superb revelation from Paul, that speaking in tongues is not the point - love is.  It is neither celestial-angelic eloquence, nor the mastery of human language that persuades.  It doesn’t matter how poetic, prophetic or profound I may sound, my conversation is reduced to the hollow noise of clanging brass cymbals, if love’s echo is absent.    The meaning of agapé love is to lead like the Shepherd guides His sheep to rest beside still waters.  By the waters of reflection my soul remembers who I am.  God’s rest is established upon His image and likeness redeemed in us.  So, to encounter agapé love is to remember who I am.  Jesus the Saviour of mankind rescued God’s image and likeness in human form.  The grace of God shines as bright as day making the salvation of mankind undeniably visible.  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment