Monday, May 23, 2022

Refined & Purified

 “Behold, I have refined thee, but not with silver; I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction. For mine own sake, even for mine own sake, will I do it: for how should my name be polluted? and I will not give my glory unto another.”

‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭48:10-11‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Isaiah prophesies of the all-knowing God to Judah.  See, I have purified you in the furnace of adversity, but not like silver - I have refined you in the fire.  For My Own sake alone I will do it, so My Name will not be dishonoured.  I will not yield My glory to another.  If God had left them in the fire to melt down all their dross, they would still be there in the fire with nothing left of them.  God limits the intensity and the timing of our every trial and uses the furnace of adversity to make us more like Christ.  God promises to deliver, refine and rescue His people so that His Own Name and Identity as the God of gods will not be defamed.  Rescue is as sure as God’s identity. Thank You for rescuing us in Christ, Abba Father!

No comments:

Post a Comment