Sunday, April 28, 2024

Honour & Righteousness in exchange of Shame & Dishonour

 ”For all of my father's house were but dead men before my Lord the king: yet didst thou set thy servant among them that did eat at thine own table. What right therefore have I yet to cry any more unto the king?“

‭‭2 Samuel‬ ‭19‬:‭28‬ ‭KJV

“But my master the king has been like one of God’s angels: he knew what was right and did it. Wasn’t everyone in my father’s house doomed? But you took me in and gave me a place at your table. What more could I ever expect or ask?”  David showed kindness to Mephibosheth, whose name means, ‘from the mouth of shame’.  What a name his parents gave him!  But David gave Mephibosheth honour.  When David returned back to Jerusalem Mephibosheth greeted him, and David restored in part the honour to Mephibosheth.  In the new covenant, Jesus restores our identity in Christ and honours all those who believe in Him.  The sin, shame and dishonour is all wiped away by Jesus’s precious Blood.  In exchange He graces us with righteousness and honour.  For He made Him Who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.  How gracious is our God.  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment