Saturday, April 20, 2024

Surrender Your Will to God’s Will

 ”And the king said unto Zadok, Carry back the ark of God into the city: if I shall find favour in the eyes of the LORD, he will bring me again, and shew me both it, and his habitation: but if he thus say, I have no delight in thee; behold, here am I, let him do to me as seemeth good unto him.“

‭‭2 Samuel‬ ‭15‬:‭25‬-‭26‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Then the king ordered Zadok, “Take the Ark back to the city. If I get back in God’s good graces, He’ll bring me back and show me where the Ark has been set down. But if He says, ‘I’m not pleased with you’—well, He can then do with me whatever He pleases.”  David learned to surrender to God’s will.  This is a foreshadow of when Jesus was in the garden of Gethsemane and said, “Father, if it is Your will, take this cup away from Me; nevertheless not My will, but Yours, be done.”  When our God given gift of free-will surrenders to God’s will, we come to the place of fruitfulness that glorifies God, our Father.  David returned to Jerusalem and to the Ark, the Presence of God, he so loved.  Jesus surrendered to God’s will to win all mankind by His Blood Sacrifice and those who believe become new creatures in Christ.  Former things have passed away, behold all things are new.  Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment