Thursday, April 4, 2024

Jesus Christ - my Cornerstone

 ”Now therefore so shalt thou say unto my servant David, Thus saith the LORD of hosts, I took thee from the sheepcote, from following the sheep, to be ruler over my people, over Israel…and  have made thee a great name, like unto the name of the great men that are in the earth..and the LORD telleth thee that he will make thee an house.“

‭‭2 Samuel‬ ‭7‬:‭8‬-‭9‬, ‭11‬ ‭KJV‬‬

So here is what you are to tell my servant David: The God-of-the-Angel-Armies has this word for you: “I took you from the pasture, tagging along after sheep, and made you prince over my people Israel….And I Myself will build you a house!”  Our God is gracious.  David knew where he came from to where he was as king of all Israel, and he loved God’s Presence so much that he wanted to build a house for the Ark of the Testimony that signified God’s Presence.  But instead, God said He will build for him the house of David through which the Son of David was born.  This was the shadow of the real thing we have in the new covenant where we are rising like the perfectly fitted stones of the temple; and our lives have been built up together upon the foundation laid by the apostles and prophets, and best of all, we are connected to the Head Cornerstone of the building, the Anointed One, Jesus Christ Himself!  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment